Nascar 2019 Season Preview
The 71st season of Nascar professional car racing, Nascar Monster Energy Cup 2019 is ahead of us, with Advance Auto Parts Clash exhibition race scheduled on Daytona International Speedway this Sunday, the 2nd February. The outright odds are in “full bloom” across hundreds of online bookies, and while those more fortunate are already booking hotels, getting ready to spend the upcoming week in Daytona Beach, the rest of us will be chained to our screens, watching free streams.
Still, if it’s any consolation, FS1 and MRN will cover every second of all Nascar races in the series and whatever TV cameras fail to capture will be compensated by the thrill of betting.
After the clash warm-up this weekend and Cam-Am Duels (qualifying races) on the 14th, February 17, 2.30 PM is the moment we are all impatiently waiting for, as it marks the official start of Daytona 500.
While we are pre-gaming, we might as well use the time constructively, going over the available bets, reviewing the Nascar cars provisional entry list, getting acquainted with the statistics, competing teams, and Nascar drivers. After all, nothing is set in stone and a back-up plan in case your driver’s car gets disqualified for failing the post-racing inspection, may be in order.
The Great Blunder…
If you have already visited the bookies, you’ve probably noticed the Daytona 500 date mishap; at the time of writing this, all major sportsbooks have launched the odds listing the date of the race as February 9, while in reality, the official Nascar schedule has the race booked for February 17. By the time you are reading this, the bookies will probably update the information, but in case you are wondering, there’s still plenty of time left to submit Daytona 500 bets – till the very beginning of the race on the 17th.
Daytona 500 Favourites
Last year, underdog Austin Dillion won Daytona 500, leaving behind Aric Almirola in the final laps. Dillon was given 40/1 odds in 2018 while this year bookies list him at 33/1 (Ole777).
Brad Keselowski, ranked as one of the best superspeedways Nascar drivers this season, is a favourite with 8/1 or 7/1 across most bookies – SportPesa.uk, Fun88, and SportNation.bet – followed by defending champion of Monster Energy Nascar Cup Series 2018, Joey Logano, and Kevin Harvick, 2018 Monster Energy Nascar All-Star Race winner, both listed at 9/1.
Daytona 500 winner may be difficult to predict, but let’s not forget the number of times when underdogs surprised us – let us remember Dillon’s last year triumph or Bubba Wallace, who came in second in Daytona 500 2018 after being listed listed at 50/1. Kevin Harvick, on the other hand, was heavily favoured last year, and he did win the All-Star race, so we are looking at a very exciting season ahead.
Nascar Monster Energy Cup 2019 Daytona 500 Popular Bets
Nascar Monster Energy Cup 2019 Daytona 500 Outrights – most players will go straight for the winner and pick a name from the top of the favourites list. If you haven’t wagered on a Nascar race before, you might be confused about the extra option that you can mark on your Bet Slip – E/W 1/4 1-2-3-4. This actually means that you are splitting your bet in two:
- Betting that your Nascar driver will win
- Betting that your Nascar driver will win one of the first 4 places
Nascar Monster Energy Cup 2019 Daytona 500 Top Three Finish
Also known as the podium finish. If you are not 100% sure that you guy will be the one to take the checkered flag, you can wager on a possibility that he will at least share the podium with the winner.
Nascar Monster Energy Cup 2019 Daytona 500 Winning Manufacturer
Great way to take the spotlight from the drivers and point it directly to Nascar cars. This bet will be particularly appealing to those who appreciate the mechanics behind the competitive side of moto racing.
Bettors will be able to wager on Ford (5/4), Chevrolet (5/2), or Toyota (7/4).
Nascar Monster Energy Cup 2019 Daytona Head 2 Head Full Time
Forget about the outcome and place two Nascar drivers in direct competition against each other. Brad Keselowski vs Joey Logano seems to be one of the most popular rivalries and the odds are 4/5 for Keselowski and 20/21 for Joey Logano (or 1.80 for Keselowski and 1.95 for Logano).
Race Calendar for 2019
- 10 February 2019: Daytona International Speedway, Advance Auto Parts Clash
- 14 February 2019: Daytona International Speedway, Gander RV Duels
- 16-18 February 2019: Daytona International Speedway, Daytona 500
- 24 February 2019: Atlanta Motor Speedway, Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500
- 2-4 March 2019: Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Pennzoil 400
- 9-11 March 2019: ISM Raceway, TicketGuardian 500
- 17 March 2019: Auto Club Speedway, Fontana, Auto Club 400
- 30 March-1 April 2019: Texas Motor Speedway, O’Reilly Auto Parts 500
- 6-8 April 2019: Bristol Motor Speedway, Food City 500
- 12-14 April 2019: Richmond Raceway, Toyota Owners 400
- 27-29 April 2019: Talladega Superspeedway, GEICO 500
- 5 May 2019: Dover International Speedway, Dover, MENCS Race at Dover
- 10-12 May 2019: Kansas Speedway, KC Masterpiece 400
- 18 May 2019: Charlotte Motor Speedway, Monster Energy Open
- 18 May 2019: Charlotte Motor Speedway, Monster Energy NASCAR All-Star Race
- 17-19 May 2019: Charlotte Motor Speedway, NASCAR All-Star Race
- 25-27 May 2019: Charlotte Motor Speedway, Coca-Cola 600
- 2 June 2019: Pocono Raceway, Pocono 400/li>
- 9 June 2019: Michigan International Speedway, FireKeepers Casino 400/li>
- 22-24 June 2019: Sonoma Raceway, Toyota Save Mart 350
- 29 June-1 July 2019: Chicagoland Speedway, Overton’s 400
- 5-7 July 2019: Daytona International Speedway, Coke Zero Sugar 400
- 12-14 July 2019: Kentucky Speedway, Quaker State 400
- 21 July 2019: New Hampshire Motor Speedway, Foxwoods Resort Casino 301
- 28 July 2019: Pocono Raceway, Gander Outdoors 400
- 4 August 2019: Watkins Glen International, Go Bowling at The Glen
- 11 August 2019: Michigan International Speedway, Consumers Energy 400
- 16-18 August 2019: Bristol Motor Speedway, Bass Pro Shops NRA Night Race
- 31 August-2 September 2019: Darlington Raceway, Bojangles’ Southern 500
- 7-9 September 2019: Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Big Machine Brickyard 400
- 14-16 September 2019: Las Vegas Motor Speedway, South Point 400
- 20-22 September 2019: Richmond Raceway, Federated Auto Parts 400
- 28-30 September 2019: Charlotte Motor Speedway, Bank of America Roval 400
- 6 October 2019: Dover International Speedway, MENCS Race at Dover
- 12-14 October 2019: Talladega Superspeedway, 1000Bulbs.com 500
- 19-21 October 2019: Kansas Speedway, Hollywood Casino 400
- 26-28 October 2019: Martinsville Speedway, First Data 500
- 2-4 November 2019: Texas Motor Speedway, AAA Texas 500
- 9-11 November 2019: ISM Raceway, Can-Am 500
- 16-18 November 2019: Homestead-Miami Speedway, Ford EcoBoost 400
Nascar Monster Energy Cup 2019 – Winner Odds
|Martin Truex Jr||77008||13/26507.50||88009||88009||77008||13/26507.50||77008||88009||77008||77008||77008|
NASCAR Bet Types
Although appreciated by some, the extensive list of options might intimidate less experienced players. However, you will soon discover that NASCAR betting is not so much different from any other form of sports-related gambling. This means that the certain preparations and analytical skills may be in or-der, but one can always rely on the input and the picks provided on some of the most popular online bookmakers (listed and described below). Before we continue to the NASCAR bet types, here are some factors which should be taken into consideration before you submit your first bet:
NASCAR’s Sprint Cup practices religiously every week, and the relevant information regarding the fastest laps or best average speed is available to the general public. Sports channels broadcast the prac-tice sessions and more diligent players can use the information to adjust their future bets. Happy Hour is the final practice during which you can spot all the strengths and weaknesses of the drivers and the last chance for the competitors to complete the “eleventh-hour” preparations before to the race.
Qualifying runs are probably the most important indicator of how a driver will rank in the upcoming race. The fastest drivers in the qualifying are optimal betting options since their ranking reveals skills and testifies on the machine power which will hold up well on the track.
3. Recent/Past Performance
Performance can be dependant on multiple factors, which can be both personal and professional or relative to the car engine. The continuous performance on a 1.5-mile track of a particular car model is likely to follow the same trend throughout the entire season.
The track, just like the tennis court surface and its effect on the tennis player’s legs, can influence the driver’s race style. Finding out how the driver handles speedways, short tracks, and road courses can significantly improve your odds.
With all this in mind, you can go ahead and start betting on one of the following options:
Extremely popular and profitable bet, placing two drivers in opposing positions – the choice is made by the bookies and has no connection to the drivers’ final result and position. The only thing that mat-ters is how they rank against each other. The drivers may or may not be evenly matched, but the pay-out odds will be modified accordingly for each matchup (multiple matchups are usually presented).
The proposition is a straightforward bet type, defined as a choice between a) a non-occurrence or b) occurrence of a certain result, event, etc. For example, you can bet on a possibility that a driver will have a leading position throughout the major portion of the race or that Toyota will win. Prop bets can be further categorised as “skilled” or “unskilled” since some of them will require advanced knowledge and experience. Unskilled prop bets have somewhat of an entertaining character and can refer to oc-currences that are almost impossible to predict, such as the number of cautions in the race.
To Win Outright
Another extremely popular NASCAR bet, which does not require an elaborate explanation. The play-ers wager on whomever they feel will win the race – as simple as that. The payout level will be pro-portional to the driver’s track record and the players are allowed to bet on more than one driver. This can improve one’s chance of making a profit, as the payouts are higher than an even rate.
Fastest Qualifies (Pole Position)
Obviously, the initial position of the cars can affect the course of the race and certain drivers may be at an advantage or disadvantage. NASCAR drivers will, therefore, go through the qualifying rounds and whoever makes it to the last round with the best lap time wins the pole position. You will be able to bet on the outcome of the qualification round and select one or more drivers with the best chances of winning the pole. It should be mentioned that the importance of the starting position fluctuates; with larger racetracks, such as Talladega Superspeedway, there is more room for a clean pass and the start-up location is not as important.
Even if you are not 100% certain who will win the race, you can be pretty confident about the drivers who will come close. When that happens, Podium Finish is the best bet that you can take as it allows you to select a driver who will end up on the podium, regardless of the position – 1st, 2nd or 3rd. The payout is somewhat lower, but so is the risk level.
This bet is not linked to the outcome – all you need to do is accurately predict which driver will have the fastest lap in the actual race and your bet will win even if he doesn’t…
This bet requires an in-depth knowledge and a bit of research which is exactly what makes it so ap-pealing to the passionate NASCAR aficionados. Futures are found in other sports as well and can be placed at the beginning of the season when it is still too early to spot a favourite with the highest chance of winning the Championship. In time, the odds will get progressively worse, which means that you should catch the early train when this wager is concerned.
Best NASCAR Drivers to Bet on
Unless you already have your personal favourite, here are some of NASCAR drivers that have man-aged to rank highly with NASCAR fans and betting experts.
- Kyle Busch – three-time winner of Texas race, Kyle is a recorder with 24 wins across top three NASCAR series and holds the Xfinity Series wins record
- Chase Elliott, the first rookie to win 2014 NASCAR Nationwide Series championship and 2016 Rookie of the Year (NASCAR Sprint Cup Series)
- Kevin Harvic – a full-time competitor for the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series and all-time record holder for the number of wins at the Phoenix International Raceway Cup Series Wins. Third runner-up in Xfinity Series with a total of 47 wins.
Once you feel confident enough to put your knowledge into practice and test your analytical skills, the following bookers are among the first to provide the best odds and some of the most challenging (read hilarious) prop bets:
Online bookie founded in 1994 by Calvin Ayre. The site is operated by Bodog Entertainment Casinos and licenced by Antigua Online Gaming Association. Deposits can be submitted in bitcoin and the amounts up to $500 will be matched with 50%.
Canada’s online bookmark established in 1997 and operated by Mohawk Online Ltd. New players will be greeted by up to $100 welcome bonus offer.
Owned by Hillside Media, bet365 was launched in 2001 under UKGC and Gibraltar Regula-tory Authority licences. The platform is available in 18 different languages and the new account hold-ers will be able to claim $25 in bet credits.
Multinational gambling provider founded in 2008, operated by Cassava Enterprises (888 Holding subsidiary). 888Sport is licensed by the UKGC and GBGA, welcoming the new members with $30 bonus for every wagered $10.
Morris Mohawk Gaming Group owned bookmaker, Bovada operates under Kahnawake Gaming Commission licence (the bookie is currently exploring alternative licensing options). The new-ly registered members will be able to claim a 50% deposit match on all amounts up to $250.
NASCAR – Brief History
Even those who are completely oblivious to the world of competitive motorsports know that NASCAR stands for the National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing, founded in Daytona, FL in 1948 and divided into regional, national and international series. As one of the highest authorities in the USA motorsports, NASCAR is in charge of sanctioning hundreds of races across the globe, which makes the concept “NASCAR betting” extremely wide-ranging; the gamblers can either bet on the individual race results or submit the wagers on a potential Monster Energy Cup winner…